How to Use Atom RSS Feed Reader to Stay Updated on Your Favorite Websites
Do you want to keep track of the latest updates from your favorite websites without having to visit them one by one? If so, you might want to try using an RSS feed reader. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, and it is a format that allows websites to share their content in a standardized way. By subscribing to the RSS feeds of the websites you like, you can get all their updates in one place.
One of the most popular and versatile RSS feed readers is Atom. Atom is a free and open source desktop application that lets you read and manage your RSS feeds. You can also customize Atom with themes and packages to suit your preferences. In this article, we will show you how to use Atom RSS Feed Reader to stay updated on your favorite websites.
Step 1: Download and Install Atom
To use Atom RSS Feed Reader, you need to download and install Atom on your computer. You can get Atom from its official website: https://atom.io/. Choose the version that matches your operating system and follow the instructions to install it.
Step 2: Add RSS Feeds to Atom
Once you have installed Atom, you can start adding RSS feeds to it. To do this, you need to find the RSS feed URL of the website you want to subscribe to. Usually, you can find this URL by looking for an icon that looks like this: . You can also use a search engine to find the RSS feed URL of a website by typing “site:example.com rss” (replace example.com with the website’s domain name).
Once you have the RSS feed URL, you can add it to Atom by following these steps:
- Open Atom and click on File > New Window.
- In the new window, click on Packages > RSS Reader > Add Feed.
- In the dialog box that appears, paste the RSS feed URL and click OK.
- Repeat these steps for any other RSS feeds you want to add.
Step 3: Read and Manage Your RSS Feeds
After adding your RSS feeds, you can start reading and managing them in Atom. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Atom, click on Packages > RSS Reader > Toggle.
- A sidebar will appear on the right side of the window, showing all your subscribed RSS feeds and their latest updates.
- To read an update, click on its title. The update will open in a new tab in Atom.
- To mark an update as read or unread, right-click on its title and choose Mark as Read or Mark as Unread.
- To delete an update, right-click on its title and choose Delete.
- To refresh your RSS feeds, click on the Refresh button at the top of the sidebar.
- To remove an RSS feed, right-click on its name in the sidebar and choose Remove Feed.
Atom RSS Feed Reader is a simple and convenient way to stay updated on your favorite websites. You can easily add, read, and manage your RSS feeds in Atom. You can also customize Atom with themes and packages to make it more enjoyable. If you are looking for a free and open source desktop RSS feed reader, give Atom a try!