Bad Boys for Life: The Action Comedy Sequel You Don’t Want to Miss
If you are a fan of the Bad Boys franchise, you will be thrilled to know that the third installment, Bad Boys for Life, is now available on Netflix. This film reunites Will Smith and Martin Lawrence as the iconic Miami detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett, who face off against a ruthless mother-and-son pair of drug lords who wreak vengeful havoc on their city.
In this article, we will give you a brief overview of the plot, the cast, the production, and the reception of Bad Boys for Life, as well as some reasons why you should watch it.
The film begins with Marcus becoming a grandfather and announcing his intention to retire from the police force, much to Mike’s dismay. However, their plans are interrupted when Mike is shot by a mysterious assassin named Armando, who is working for his mother Isabel, the widow of a former cartel kingpin. Mike survives the attack and vows to find and kill his shooter, while Marcus promises to stay out of it.
Mike teams up with a new elite unit called AMMO, led by his ex-girlfriend Rita, to track down Armando and Isabel. Along the way, he discovers a shocking secret about his past that changes everything. Meanwhile, Marcus struggles with his loyalty to his friend and his family, as he gets dragged into the dangerous mission.
Bad Boys for Life features a stellar cast of actors who deliver hilarious and thrilling performances. Here are some of the main characters and their actors:
- Will Smith as Detective Mike Lowrey: The charismatic and reckless cop who is determined to catch his would-be killer and prove himself as a bad boy for life.
- Martin Lawrence as Detective Marcus Burnett: The loyal and funny partner of Mike who wants to retire and enjoy his family life, but can’t resist helping his friend in need.
- Paola NÃºÃ±ez as Lieutenant Rita Secada: The leader of AMMO and Mike’s former lover who has a complicated relationship with him.
- Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, and Charles Melton as Kelly, Dorn, and Rafe: The young and tech-savvy members of AMMO who assist Mike and Marcus in their investigation.
- Kate del Castillo as Isabel Aretas: The vengeful widow of a cartel boss who escapes from prison and orders her son to kill the people who wronged her.
- Nicky Jam as Zway-Lo: A nightclub owner and associate of Isabel who helps her with her plans.
- Joe Pantoliano as Captain Howard: The boss of Mike and Marcus who tries to keep them in line.
A third Bad Boys film was in development for a long time since the release of the second one in 2003. However, due to various issues such as budget constraints, script problems, and director changes, the project was delayed for years. Finally, in 2018, the film was officially green-lit with Adil & Bilall, a Belgian duo of directors, taking over from Michael Bay , who directed the first two films.
The filming took place from January to June 2019 in Atlanta , Miami , and Mexico City . The film was produced by Will Smith , Jerry Bruckheimer , and Doug Belgrad , with a screenplay written by Chris Bremner , Peter Craig , and Joe Carnahan . The film also features a score by Lorne Balfe and several songs by artists such as The Black Eyed Peas , Pitbull , Jaden Smith , DJ Khaled , and more.
Bad Boys for Life