What is Bixby Vision and how to use it on your Galaxy device
Bixby Vision is a feature of Bixby, the digital personal assistant on your Galaxy phone or tablet. Bixby Vision lets you use your camera or gallery app to instantly search and translate what you see. It also has accessibility options that help the visually impaired or the weak-sighted.
In this article, we will explain what Bixby Vision can do and how to set it up and use it on your Galaxy device.
What can Bixby Vision do?
Bixby Vision offers various features to make it easier to learn more about the world around you. Here are some examples:
- Smarter searching: Don’t struggle to think of keywords. Simply point your camera at what you’re interested in. Bixby Vision will bring you the information you need, from the name of a famous landmark you’re visiting to image search results, and more.
- Real-time translation: With Bixby Vision, you can conveniently translate foreign books or menus. Translate what you need, whether it be the whole page or just a part of it, and save the screen or copy the sentences. Bixby Vision supports 54 languages for translation.
- Text extraction: Extract complex texts swiftly. Without using a keyboard, copy and look up the extracted texts and immediately carry out tasks such as writing an email to the address included in the texts.
- Accessibility support: Bixby Vision offers accessibility options that aid the visually impaired. With easy set-up and a simple interface, Bixby Vision vocally describes what it sees, helping users make sense of the world around them. It can describe scenes, identify objects, read texts, and detect colours in real time.
How to set up Bixby Vision?
To use Bixby Vision, you need to have a Samsung account and agree to the terms and conditions. You also need to update the Bixby Vision app to the latest version from the Galaxy Store.
Here are the steps to set up Bixby Vision on your Galaxy device:
- Open the Camera app and tap the Bixby Vision icon on the upper left corner. Alternatively, open the Gallery app and select an image. Then tap the Bixby Vision icon on the lower left corner.
- If this is your first time using Bixby Vision, you will be prompted to sign in to your Samsung account. If you don’t have one, tap Create account and follow the instructions.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions for Bixby Vision. You can also choose which features you want to use by toggling them on or off.
- Tap Start to begin using Bixby Vision.
How to use Bixby Vision?
Once you have set up Bixby Vision, you can use it anytime by tapping the Bixby Vision icon in the Camera or Gallery app. Here are some tips on how to use Bixby Vision effectively:
- To search for something, point your camera at it and tap the Lens icon on the bottom of the screen. You will see various results such as images, shopping links, QR codes, etc. You can also swipe left or right to see more categories of results.
- To translate something, point your camera at it and tap the Text icon on the bottom of the screen. You will see a live translation overlay on your screen. You can also tap Extract to copy or save the text.
- To access accessibility options, tap More on the bottom of the screen and select Accessibility. You can choose from Scene describer, Object identifier, Text reader, or Colour detector modes. Tap Speak to hear a vocal description of what Bixby Vision sees.
Bixby Vision is a powerful tool that can help you explore and understand the world around you. Try it out today and discover a new perspective with Bixby Vision.