Borderlands 3 rumoured Krieg DLC confirmed: Everything you need to know
Borderlands 3 is one of the most popular looter-shooter games of recent years, offering a thrilling adventure across multiple planets with a diverse cast of characters, a hilarious sense of humor, and a massive arsenal of guns and gadgets. The game has received four major expansions so far, each adding more story, content, and fun to the base game. The latest one is Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck, a bizarre odyssey through the mind of one of the most iconic characters in the series: Krieg. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about this DLC, from its premise and features to its tips and tricks.
What is Borderlands 3?
Borderlands 3 is a first-person shooter game with role-playing elements, developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games. It is the fourth main entry in the Borderlands series, which is known for its distinctive cel-shaded graphics, irreverent humor, and loot-driven gameplay. Borderlands 3 was released on September 13, 2019 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. It was later released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on November 10, 2020.
The game is set in a sci-fi universe where various factions compete for power and resources on different planets. The main antagonists are the Calypso Twins, Troy and Tyreen, who lead a cult called the Children of the Vault that seeks to unleash an ancient evil called The Destroyer. The main protagonists are the Vault Hunters, a group of mercenaries hired by Lilith, the leader of a resistance group called the Crimson Raiders. The Vault Hunters are Moze, a gunner with a mech suit; Amara, a siren with mystical powers; FL4K, a beastmaster with animal companions; and Zane, an operative with gadgets and clones. The player can choose one of these characters and customize their appearance, skills, and equipment.
The game features both solo and co-op modes, where up to four players can team up online or locally to complete missions, explore locations, fight enemies, collect loot, and interact with NPCs. The game also features endgame content such as raids, arenas, challenges, and seasonal events.
Who is Krieg and why is he important?
Krieg is one of the playable characters in Borderlands 2, a game released in 2012. He is a psycho, a type of enemy that is known for being insane, violent, and obsessed with meat. However, Krieg is different from other psychos, as he has a split personality: one is a savage beast that only speaks in grunts and screams, and the other is a sane and rational voice that only speaks in his head. Krieg was once a normal person, but he was experimented on by a company called Hyperion, which turned him into a psycho. He escaped from Hyperion’s control and joined the Vault Hunters, hoping to find a way to cure his condition.
Krieg is important because he is one of the most beloved characters in the Borderlands series, thanks to his unique gameplay, personality, and dialogue. He is also important because he has a romantic relationship with Maya, another playable character in Borderlands 2 and 3. Maya is a siren, a rare and powerful being with supernatural abilities. She and Krieg met during the events of Borderlands 2, and they developed a bond despite their differences. Maya was able to see past Krieg’s madness and recognize his inner goodness, while Krieg was able to protect Maya and express his feelings for her in his own way.
Unfortunately, Maya was killed by Troy Calypso in Borderlands 3, which devastated Krieg and made him retreat into his own mind. This sets the stage for the DLC Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck, where the player will enter Krieg’s mind and help him cope with his loss and find his true self.
What is Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is the fourth and final DLC for Borderlands 3, released on September 10, 2020. It is part of the Season Pass, which includes all four DLCs for the game. The DLC can also be purchased separately for $14.99 USD.
The DLC follows the Vault Hunters as they enter Krieg’s mind with the help of a scientist named Patricia Tannis, who has developed a device called the Psychoscope. The Psychoscope allows the Vault Hunters to explore Krieg’s memories, thoughts, and fantasies, which are distorted by his psycho nature. The Vault Hunters hope to find the location of Vaulthalla, a mythical place where the secrets of the Vaults are hidden. However, they also have to deal with Krieg’s inner demons, such as his self-loathing, his rage, and his grief.
The DLC features a new story campaign that lasts about 4-6 hours, depending on your playstyle and difficulty level. It also adds new locations, enemies, weapons, gear, cosmetics, and more to the game.
What can you expect from the DLC?
The DLC offers a lot of content for Borderlands 3 fans to enjoy. Here are some of the things you can expect from the DLC:
New story campaign
The DLC’s story campaign takes you through four new locations in Krieg’s mind: Castle Crimson, Sapphire’s Run, Benediction of Pain, and The Psychoscape. Each location represents a different aspect of Krieg’s psyche, such as his love for Maya, his fear of betrayal, his pain from torture, and his quest for Vaulthalla. You will encounter new characters such as Sane Krieg, who guides you through his mind; Psycho Krieg, who fights alongside you; Locomöbius, a train conductor who transports you between locations; and Saphire Starlight Sparkle Princess (or SASSP), a unicorn who rules over Sapphire’s Run.
You will also face new enemies such as psychos with elemental powers, giant spiders, flying saucers, and evil clones of the Vault Hunters. You will also face new bosses such as Dr. Benedict, a mad scientist who tortured Krieg; Psychoreaver, a manifestation of Krieg’s worst fears; and Locomöbius, who transforms into a giant train monster. The story campaign is full of twists, surprises, and emotional moments that will make you laugh, cry, and cheer.
The DLC’s locations are unlike anything you have seen before in Borderlands 3. They are based on Krieg’s imagination, which means they are colorful, chaotic, and crazy. You will explore a castle made of blood and bones, a candy land filled with unicorns and rainbows, a torture chamber full of spikes and saws, and a psychedelic space where reality is warped. Each location has its own theme, atmosphere, and secrets to discover. You will also find hidden chests, collectibles, challenges, and easter eggs in each location.
The DLC’s enemies are also based on Krieg’s imagination, which means they are varied, dangerous, and fun to fight. You will encounter different types of psychos, such as fire-breathers, ice-throwers, shock-blasters, and acid-sprayers. You will also encounter new creatures such as spiders, worms, rats, and bats. Some of these enemies have special abilities or behaviors that will challenge your skills and strategies. For example, some psychos can heal themselves or their allies, some spiders can web you or spit venom at you, and some worms can burrow underground or explode on death.
New weapons and gear
The DLC adds over 30 new weapons and gear items to the game, including unique, purple, and legendary ones. These items have special effects or bonuses that match the theme of the DLC. For example, some weapons can shoot fireballs, rockets, or lasers; some shields can reflect projectiles or create novas; and some grenades can spawn allies or enemies. Some of the new items are references to previous Borderlands games or other media. For example, there is a shotgun called The Convergence that shoots multiple projectiles that converge on a target; a pistol called The Little Yeeti that has high damage and knockback; and a shield called The Plus Ultra that grants extra health and action skill cooldown rate.
The DLC also adds new cosmetic items to the game, such as heads, skins, trinkets, and emotes for each of the four Vault Hunters. These items allow you to customize your character’s appearance and express your personality. Some of the new cosmetics are inspired by Krieg’s style, such as a psycho mask, a buzz axe, and a meat bicycle. Some of the new cosmetics are also references to previous Borderlands games or other media. For example, there is a head called The Baroness that resembles Aurelia from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel; a skin called The Psycho Ranger that resembles the Power Rangers; and an emote called The Meat Slap that mimics Krieg’s signature move.
How to access the DLC?
To access the DLC, you need to have Borderlands 3 installed on your device and have completed the main story campaign. You also need to have the Season Pass or purchase the DLC separately. Once you have done that, you can start the DLC by following these steps:
- Go to Sanctuary III, your spaceship hub.
- Head to Tannis’ lab, which is located on the upper deck of the ship.
- Interact with the Psychoscope device, which is a large metal helmet with wires and tubes.
- Select Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck from the menu.
- Enjoy the DLC!
You can also access the DLC from the main menu by selecting Play > Select Character > Load Character > Play Campaign > Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck.
How to prepare for the DLC?
The DLC is designed for players who are at level 60 or higher, which is the current level cap in Borderlands 3. If you are not at level 60 yet, you can use the Level Boost feature to instantly raise your character’s level to 60 and equip them with appropriate gear. To use the Level Boost feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the main menu and select Play > New Game.
- Select one of the four Vault Hunters and customize their appearance.
- Select Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck from the menu.
- Select Level Boost from the menu.
- Confirm your choice and start the DLC.
If you are already at level 60 or higher, you can prepare for the DLC by doing the following:
- Gear up: Make sure you have a good loadout of weapons, shields, grenades, class mods, and artifacts that suit your playstyle and character build. You can find new gear in chests, shops, enemies, quests, or other sources. You can also use golden keys to open special chests that contain rare loot. You can get golden keys by redeeming codes from Gearbox’s social media or website.
- Level up: Make sure you have spent your skill points wisely and unlocked powerful abilities and perks for your character. You can respec your skill points at any time by using a Quick Change station on Sanctuary III or other locations. You can also use Guardian Rank points to boost your stats and unlock bonus effects. You can earn Guardian Rank points by completing challenges and gaining experience after reaching level 60.
- Choose your character: Make sure you have chosen a character that you enjoy playing and that fits the theme of the DLC. Each character has their own strengths, weaknesses, and personality. For example, Moze is good for dealing explosive damage and summoning a mech; Amara is good for using elemental damage and siren powers; FL4K is good for using critical hits and animal companions; and Zane is good for using gadgets and clones.
Tips and tricks for the DLC
The DLC is not easy, but it is not impossible either. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you survive and enjoy the DLC:
- Explore: The DLC has many secrets and hidden areas that reward you with loot, lore, or fun surprises. Be sure to explore every corner of Krieg’s mind and look for clues, symbols, or switches that might reveal something new. You might also find some easter eggs or references to other Borderlands games or media.
- Experiment: The DLC has many new weapons and gear items that have unique effects or bonuses. Be sure to try them out and see how they work in different situations. You might find some combinations that are very effective or fun to use. You can also mix and match different items to create your own build.
- Cooperate: The DLC is more fun when you play with friends or other players online. You can share loot, revive each other, coordinate attacks, or just chat and joke around. You can also use different characters or builds to complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses. You can also challenge each other to complete achievements or challenges in the DLC.
- Have fun: The DLC is meant to be a fun and crazy experience that celebrates the Borderlands series and its fans. Don’t take it too seriously and enjoy the humor, the action, and the madness. You can also customize your character’s appearance and emotes to express yourself and have fun with other players.
- The Convergence: A shotgun that shoots multiple projectiles that converge on a target.
- The Plus Ultra: A shield that grants extra health and action skill cooldown rate.
- The Faulty Star: A shield that releases shock novas when damaged.
- The Blind Sage: A shotgun that deals bonus radiation damage.
- The Major Kong: A rocket launcher that fires a massive nuke.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is a great DLC for Borderlands 3 that offers a lot of content, variety, and fun for fans of the series. It is a tribute to one of the most beloved characters in the series, Krieg, and his relationship with Maya. It is also a creative and imaginative journey through Krieg’s mind, where anything can happen. The DLC has a new story campaign, new locations, new enemies, new weapons and gear, new cosmetics, and more. It is also challenging, rewarding, and enjoyable to play solo or with friends. If you are looking for a new adventure in Borderlands 3, you should definitely check out Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about the DLC:
|Do I need to play Borderlands 2 or previous DLCs to enjoy Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
|No, you don’t need to play Borderlands 2 or previous DLCs to enjoy Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck. However, it might help you understand some of the references, jokes, or characters better if you have played them before.
|How long does it take to complete Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
|It depends on your playstyle, difficulty level, and how much you explore or do side quests. On average, it might take you about 4-6 hours to complete the main story campaign of Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck. However, there is more content to discover and enjoy after that, such as endgame activities, challenges, achievements, and seasonal events.
|What is the level cap in Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
|The level cap in Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is 65, which is also the current level cap in Borderlands 3. You can reach this level by gaining experience from completing missions, killing enemies, or doing other activities in the game.
|What are some of the best weapons and gear in Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
|Some of the best weapons and gear in Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck are:
|How do I get golden keys for Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck?
|You can get golden keys for Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck by redeeming codes from Gearbox’s social media or website. These codes are usually valid for a limited time, so be sure to use them as soon as possible. You can also get golden keys by signing up for Gearbox’s VIP program or by playing other Borderlands games.