How to Buy Graffiti Supplies Online
Graffiti is a form of art that involves using spray paint, markers, stickers and other tools to create colorful and expressive images on walls, buildings, trains and other surfaces. Graffiti can be a way of expressing yourself, making a statement, or just having fun. But before you can start creating your own graffiti masterpieces, you need to buy some graffiti supplies online. Here are some tips on how to do that.
Choose Your Paint
The most essential graffiti supply is paint. You can use spray paint cans, paint markers, or graffiti mops to apply paint on different surfaces. Each type of paint has its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on the style, size and durability of your graffiti.
Spray paint cans are the most common and versatile graffiti tool. They come in a wide range of colors, brands and finishes, and can cover large areas quickly and evenly. However, spray paint cans can also be expensive, heavy, noisy and messy. You also need to buy spray caps to control the flow and shape of the paint.
Paint markers are pens that contain paint instead of ink. They are easy to use, portable and precise, and can create thin or thick lines depending on the tip size. Paint markers are ideal for small details, outlines and signatures. However, paint markers can also be limited in color choices, run out of paint quickly and fade over time.
Graffiti mops are bottles that contain paint with a sponge or felt tip. They are similar to paint markers, but can create drippy and blobby effects that some graffiti artists prefer. Graffiti mops are also cheap, refillable and customizable. However, graffiti mops can also be messy, leaky and hard to control.
Choose Your Markers
Another important graffiti supply is markers. You can use ink markers, solid paint markers or sketching markers to add details, highlights or sketches to your graffiti.
Ink markers are pens that contain ink instead of paint. They are similar to paint markers, but usually cheaper and more permanent. Ink markers can create sharp and smooth lines on various surfaces, such as paper, metal or glass. However, ink markers can also be limited in color choices, bleed through paper and fade over time.
Solid paint markers are sticks of solidified paint that can be used like crayons or chalks. They are durable, waterproof and fade-resistant, and can write on almost any surface, such as wood, concrete or plastic. Solid paint markers can create thick and bold lines with a matte finish. However, solid paint markers can also be expensive, hard to sharpen and break easily.
Sketching markers are pens that contain alcohol-based ink that can blend and create gradients. They are mainly used for sketching or coloring your graffiti designs on paper before transferring them to a wall or other surface. Sketching markers can create smooth and vibrant colors with a glossy finish. However, sketching markers can also be expensive, toxic and bleed through paper.
Choose Your Accessories
Besides paint and markers, you may also need some accessories to complete your graffiti supplies kit. Some of the accessories you may need are:
- Stickers: You can use stickers to add your name or logo to your graffiti pieces or to cover up other people’s graffiti. You can buy pre-made stickers or make your own using adhesive paper and a printer.
- Stencils: You can use stencils to create precise and repeatable shapes or patterns on your graffiti pieces. You can buy pre-made stencils or make your own using cardboard or plastic sheets and a knife.
- Tape: You can use tape to mask off areas that you don’t want to paint or to create straight lines or edges on your graffiti pieces. You can use masking tape, duct tape or painter’s tape depending on the surface and the effect you want.
- Gloves: You can use gloves to protect your hands from paint stains or injuries while doing graffiti. You can use latex gloves, rubber gloves or leather gloves depending on your preference and comfort.
- Mask: You can use a mask to protect your nose and mouth from inhaling paint fumes or dust while doing graffiti. You can use a disposable mask, a cloth mask or a respirator depending on the level of protection you