How to Buy Pearl Necklace Online in India: A Guide for Smart Shoppers
Pearl necklaces are timeless accessories that can add elegance and sophistication to any outfit. Whether you want to gift one to someone special or treat yourself to a new piece of jewellery, buying pearl necklace online in India can be a convenient and rewarding experience. However, there are some things you need to consider before you make your purchase, such as the quality, type, size, shape, colour and price of the pearls. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect pearl necklace online in India.
Know the Different Types of Pearls
Pearls are organic gems that are formed when a mollusc secretes layers of nacre around an irritant. There are two main types of pearls: natural and cultured. Natural pearls are rare and expensive, as they are formed without human intervention. Cultured pearls are more common and affordable, as they are created by inserting a nucleus into a mollusc and harvesting the pearl after a period of time.
There are also different varieties of cultured pearls, depending on the type of mollusc and the region where they are grown. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Freshwater pearls: These are grown in freshwater lakes, rivers and ponds, mainly in China. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours, from white to pink to lavender. They are usually less expensive than saltwater pearls, but they can also be of high quality and luster.
- Akoya pearls: These are grown in saltwater oceans, mainly in Japan and China. They are known for their round shape, white colour and high luster. They are considered the classic type of pearl necklace and are often used for bridal jewellery.
- Tahitian pearls: These are grown in saltwater oceans, mainly in French Polynesia. They are known for their large size, dark colour and metallic overtones. They range from black to grey to green to purple and can have a rainbow-like iridescence.
- South Sea pearls: These are grown in saltwater oceans, mainly in Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines. They are known for their large size, golden or white colour and thick nacre. They are the most expensive type of pearl necklace and are often considered a luxury item.
Choose the Right Quality of Pearls
The quality of pearls is determined by several factors, such as the nacre thickness, surface quality, shape, size, colour and luster. Nacre is the layer of material that covers the nucleus of the pearl and gives it its shine. The thicker the nacre, the more durable and valuable the pearl. Surface quality refers to the smoothness and cleanliness of the pearl’s surface. The fewer blemishes, scratches and spots, the better the quality. Shape is another important factor, as round pearls are more rare and desirable than irregular ones. Size also affects the price and appearance of the pearl necklace, as larger pearls tend to be more expensive and impressive. Colour is a matter of personal preference, but some colours may be more rare and valuable than others. Luster is the most important factor, as it reflects the light and brilliance of the pearl. The higher the luster, the more beautiful and valuable the pearl.
When buying pearl necklace online in India, you should look for clear descriptions and images of the pearls’ quality. You should also check for certificates or grading reports from reputable organizations or labs that verify the authenticity and quality of the pearls.
Compare Prices and Reviews
Once you have decided on the type and quality of pearls you want, you should compare prices and reviews from different online sellers. You should look for competitive prices that match your budget and expectations. You should also read customer reviews and feedback to get an idea of the seller’s reputation, service and product quality.
Some of the best online platforms to buy pearl necklace online in India are:
- Pure Pearls: This is a leading online store that offers a wide range of pearl jewellery from India. They have a lifetime certification for their pearl necklace sets and offer free shipping across India. They