Where to Buy Snowflake Cookies for the Holidays
If you’re looking for a festive treat to enjoy this winter, you might want to try snowflake cookies. These are delicious cookies shaped like snowflakes, decorated with icing and sprinkles. They are perfect for snacking, gifting, or serving at parties.
But where can you buy snowflake cookies? You have a few options:
- Make them yourself. If you have some baking skills and time, you can make your own snowflake cookies at home. You’ll need a snowflake cookie cutter, some cookie dough, and some icing and sprinkles. You can find recipes online or use your favorite one. This way, you can customize your cookies to your liking and have fun in the kitchen.
- Order them online. If you don’t want to bake your own cookies, you can order them online from various websites. You can find snowflake cookies in different flavors, sizes, and designs. Some websites even let you personalize your cookies with names, messages, or photos. You can also choose how many cookies you want and when you want them delivered. This is a convenient option if you want to send cookies to someone as a gift or if you need them in a hurry.
- Buy them from a local bakery. Another option is to buy snowflake cookies from a local bakery near you. You can check their website or social media to see if they offer snowflake cookies or if they can make them for you. You can also visit their store and see what they have in stock. This way, you can support a local business and get fresh and tasty cookies.
No matter which option you choose, you’ll be sure to enjoy some delicious snowflake cookies this winter. They are a great way to celebrate the season and share some sweetness with your loved ones.
How to Make Snowflake Cookies
If you want to make your own snowflake cookies, here are some steps to follow:
- Prepare the cookie dough. You can use any cookie dough recipe you like, such as sugar, gingerbread, or chocolate. You can also buy ready-made cookie dough from the store. Make sure the dough is chilled and firm before rolling it out.
- Cut out the snowflake shapes. Use a snowflake cookie cutter to cut out the cookies from the dough. You can find snowflake cookie cutters in different sizes and designs online or at craft stores. You can also make your own by bending a metal cookie cutter into a snowflake shape. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake the cookies. Follow the instructions on your recipe or package for baking the cookies. Usually, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes at 350Â°F (177Â°C). The cookies should be lightly golden and firm to the touch. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before decorating them.
- Decorate the cookies. This is the fun part. You can use any icing and sprinkles you like to decorate your snowflake cookies. You can use white icing to make them look like real snowflakes, or use different colors to make them more festive. You can also use edible glitter, sugar pearls, candy canes, or chocolate chips to add some extra flair. Be creative and have fun!
How to Store Snowflake Cookies
If you have any leftover snowflake cookies, you’ll want to store them properly so they stay fresh and delicious. Here are some tips:
- Keep them in an airtight container. This will prevent them from drying out or getting stale. You can use a plastic or metal container with a tight-fitting lid, or a ziplock bag. You can also wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Separate them with parchment paper. This will prevent them from sticking together or breaking. You can use parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil to layer between the cookies. This is especially important if your cookies have icing or sprinkles on them.
- Store them at room temperature or in the fridge. Depending on how long you want to keep them, you can store them either at room temperature or in the fridge. If you plan to eat them within a few days, you can keep them at room temperature in a cool and dry place. If you want to keep them longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Freeze them for longer storage. If you want to save your snowflake cookies for later, you can freeze them for up to three months. Make sure they are completely cooled and decorated before freezing them. Wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap or wax paper, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Label and date the container and place it in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature for about an hour before enjoying them.