Download BEST OF REGGAE: A Collection of Classic Reggae and Dancehall Hits
Reggae is a genre of music that originated in Jamaica in the late 1960s and early 1970s. It is characterized by a rhythmic style of singing, often with political and social messages, over a backdrop of drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, horns, and percussion. Reggae has influenced many other genres of music, such as ska, rocksteady, dub, dancehall, hip hop, and pop.
If you are a fan of reggae music, or if you want to discover some of the best reggae songs of all time, you should download this collection of classic reggae and dancehall hits. This collection features some of the most popular and influential artists and songs in the history of reggae music, such as:
- Bob Marley & the Wailers: The undisputed king of reggae music, Bob Marley was a global icon who spread his message of love, peace, and unity through his songs. Some of his best-known songs include “No Woman, No Cry”, “One Love”, “Get Up, Stand Up”, and “Stir It Up”.
- Desmond Dekker & the Aces: One of the first Jamaican artists to achieve international success, Desmond Dekker was known for his catchy melodies and distinctive voice. His biggest hit was “Israelites”, which topped the charts in the UK and reached number nine in the US in 1969.
- Toots & the Maytals: One of the most influential groups in reggae music, Toots & the Maytals were pioneers of ska and rocksteady, as well as reggae. Their songs were full of energy, humor, and social commentary. Some of their classics include “Sweet And Dandy”, “Pressure Drop”, “Monkey Man”, and “54-46 That’s My Number”.
- UB40: A British band that popularized reggae music in the 1980s and 1990s, UB40 had a string of hits with their covers of reggae songs, such as “Red Red Wine”, “I Got You Babe”, and “Kingston Town”. They also wrote original songs that addressed issues such as unemployment, racism, and poverty. One of their most famous songs was “One In 10”, which referred to the percentage of people out of work in Britain at the time.
- Junior Byles: A singer with a soulful voice and a conscious lyrics, Junior Byles was one of the most talented artists in roots reggae. He sang about his personal struggles, his African heritage, and his spiritual beliefs. His song “A Place Called Africa” was a heartfelt expression of his longing for his ancestral homeland.
And many more! Download BEST OF REGGAE today and enjoy hours of great music from some of the legends of reggae.
Here are some more artists and songs that you can find in the BEST OF REGGAE collection:
- Barrington Levy: A singer with a distinctive falsetto voice and a fast delivery, Barrington Levy was one of the most popular dancehall artists in the 1980s. He had hits with songs such as “Here I Come”, “Murderer”, “Too Experienced”, and “Under Mi Sensi”.
- Beres Hammond: A singer with a smooth and soulful voice, Beres Hammond is one of the most respected and loved artists in reggae music. He is known for his romantic ballads, such as “Rockaway”, “Tempted To Touch”, “They Gonna Talk”, and “I Feel Good”. He also collaborated with other artists, such as Buju Banton, Marcia Griffiths, and Cutty Ranks.
- Johnny Nash: An American singer who was one of the first to introduce reggae music to a wider audience, Johnny Nash had a number one hit in 1972 with “I Can See Clearly Now”, which featured reggae musicians such as Bob Marley and the Wailers. He also recorded other reggae songs, such as “Stir It Up”, “Hold Me Tight”, and “There Are More Questions Than Answers”.
- Tarrus Riley: A singer with a rich and versatile voice, Tarrus Riley is one of the leading artists in contemporary reggae music. He is known for his positive and uplifting songs, such as “She’s Royal”, “Lion Paw”, “Don’t Come Back”, and “Just The Way You Are”. He is also the son of veteran reggae singer Jimmy Riley.
- Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee: Two of the most successful artists in Latin music, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee collaborated on the global smash hit “Despacito” in 2017, which featured elements of reggaeton, a subgenre of reggae that originated in Puerto Rico. The song became the most viewed video on YouTube and the most streamed song of all time. It also won four Grammy Awards and broke several records.
Download BEST OF REGGAE now and enjoy these and many more amazing reggae songs from the past and present.