How to Download and Install LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6
LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 is a software add-on for LabVIEW that helps you develop HMI/SCADA or high-channel-count data-logging applications. With LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6, you can create graphical user interfaces, connect to various data sources, log and analyze data, and deploy your applications to Windows-based systems[^1^].
In this article, we will show you how to download and install LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 on your development computer. You will need the following:
- A valid license for LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6
- A computer that meets the system requirements for LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6
- An internet connection to download the software
Follow these steps to download and install LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6:
- Go to the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Download page on the NI website.
- Select the year of LabVIEW DSC you want to download as well as the Included Edition of Development . For this article, we will choose LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 Development System .
- Click on the Download button and save the file to your computer.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen to install LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6.
- Activate your software using your serial number or NI User Account.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 on your development computer. You can now start creating your HMI/SCADA or data-logging applications with LabVIEW.
LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 provides you with a set of tools and features to create powerful and scalable HMI/SCADA or data-logging applications. Some of these features include:
- DataSocket Server: A service that allows you to share data between LabVIEW applications and other DataSocket clients over a network.
- Shared Variable Engine: A service that allows you to create and access shared variables that store data on a local or remote computer.
- Tag Configuration Editor: A tool that allows you to create and manage tags that represent data sources such as OPC servers, I/O servers, databases, and shared variables.
- Historical Data Viewer: A tool that allows you to view and analyze historical data stored in databases or TDMS files.
- Alarm and Event Configuration Editor: A tool that allows you to create and manage alarms and events that notify you of important changes in your system.
- Report Generation Toolkit: A toolkit that allows you to create and generate reports in various formats such as HTML, PDF, Excel, and Word.
To deploy your application to a target machine, you will need the LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System, which is a separately licensed product from the LabVIEW DSC Module. The LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System enables your application to run on Windows-based systems without requiring LabVIEW development software. You can download the LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System from the same page as the LabVIEW DSC Module, by selecting the Included Edition of Runtime .
To learn more about LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6, you can refer to the following resources:
- LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module User Manual: A document that describes how to use the LabVIEW DSC Module to create HMI/SCADA or data-logging applications.
- LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Getting Started Guide: A document that provides an overview of the LabVIEW DSC Module and guides you through creating a simple HMI/SCADA application.
- LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help: An online help system that contains detailed information about the LabVIEW DSC Module features and functions.
- LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Forum: A community forum where you can ask questions, share ideas, and find solutions related to the LabVIEW DSC Module.
LabVIEW DSC Module 8.6 is compatible with LabVIEW 8.6 only. If you want to use LabVIEW DSC Module with other versions of LabVIEW, you will need to download the corresponding version of the LabVIEW DSC Module from the NI website. For example, if you want to use LabVIEW DSC Module with LabVIEW 2020, you will need to download LabVIEW DSC Module 2020.