How to Update Your Mercedes-Benz Navigation Comand APS NTG2 System with V14.0 DVD
If you have a Mercedes-Benz with an older generation of the Comand APS navigation system, you might be interested in updating your maps and software to the latest version. The Comand APS NTG2 system is installed on many 2004 to 2008 Mercedes-Benz models, such as the A, B, C, CLC, CLK, G, M, R, SLK and Sprinter classes.
The latest navigation DVD for this system is the V14.0 version, which was released in 2012/2013. It contains updated map data for 39 European countries, with major and minor roads, towns, villages and plenty of points of interest. It also features dynamic route guidance based on the latest traffic data (TMC/RDS) and improved map quality for some Eastern European countries.
To update your Comand APS NTG2 system with the V14.0 DVD, you will need to follow these steps:
- Download the ISO image of the DVD from a torrent site or a trusted source. You can find the link for the torrent file in the reference[^5^]. Make sure you have enough space on your computer and a reliable internet connection.
- Burn the ISO image to a CD (not a DVD) using your favorite burning program. Make sure you use the lowest possible speed (1x) and verify the disc after burning.
- Start your car and turn on the Comand APS system. Insert the CD into the head unit and wait for it to load. You should see a message on the screen asking you if you want to update your system.
- Press OK to confirm and follow the instructions on the screen. The update process will take about 30 minutes and you should not turn off your car or eject the CD during this time.
- When the update is complete, you will see a message on the screen telling you to remove the CD and restart your system. Do so and enjoy your updated navigation system.
Note: This update requires Comand software update 09/29, available from Telematics CD 01/2010. Please contact your Mercedes-Benz partner for details. You can also check your current software version by pressing MUTE+END+SERV or SERV -> Lang -> Back ->END+\”upper-left arrow\”+AUDIO on your Comand APS system.
- [^5^] COMAND update, download link | Mercedes-Benz Forum
- [^6^] Navigation update, COMAND APS, Europe, Version 2018/2019, – FINAL VERSION | Navigation | Telematics | GENERAL.PAGES.STARTPAGE_STATICTITLE
- [^7^] COMAND APS multimedia and navigation system: Free map … – marsMediaSite
Benefits of updating your Comand APS NTG2 system with the V14.0 DVD:
- You will have access to the most recent and accurate map data for Europe, which will help you find your destination faster and easier.
- You will be able to avoid traffic jams and road closures by using the dynamic route guidance feature, which will suggest alternative routes based on real-time traffic information.
- You will enjoy a better user experience and performance of your Comand APS system, as the update fixes some bugs and glitches that might affect its functionality.
- You will increase the value and attractiveness of your Mercedes-Benz vehicle, as having an updated navigation system is a desirable feature for many buyers.
The Comand APS NTG2 system is a powerful and versatile navigation system that can enhance your driving experience and safety. By updating it with the V14.0 DVD, you can benefit from the latest map data and software improvements that will make your journeys more enjoyable and efficient. To update your system, you only need to download the ISO image of the DVD from a torrent site or a trusted source, burn it to a CD, insert it into your head unit and follow the instructions on the screen. The update process is simple and quick, and it will give your Comand APS system a new life.