M-Tron Pro VST: A Digital Emulation of the Legendary Mellotron
M-Tron Pro VST is a virtual instrument plugin that recreates the sound of the Mellotron, a tape-based keyboard that was used by many famous artists in the 1960s and 1970s, such as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and The Rolling Stones. The Mellotron produced a unique and expressive sound by playing back pre-recorded tapes of various instruments and sounds, such as flutes, strings, choirs, and sound effects.
M-Tron Pro VST is developed by GForce Software, a company that specializes in vintage and retro synthesizers. M-Tron Pro VST contains a huge 3.5GB sound library with over 200 tape banks included, 19 of which underwent remastering at the acclaimed Abbey Road Studios. M-Tron Pro VST also features more than 700+ patches, many custom-designed by world-class recording artists and programmers. M-Tron Pro VST offers an authenticity and flexibility that meets every ‘Tron need.
M-Tron Pro VST supports up to 35 notes, each individually sampled. It also supports dual-layer and split-keyboard operation in addition to MIDI Learn. M-Tron Pro VST allows users to control 29 parameters per layer, including ensemble and delay effects; lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filters; and tape-based effects, such as reverse and half speed. M-Tron Pro VST can also operate standalone, so it’s easy to quickly load it up on a laptop and perform with a MIDI controller onstage.
M-Tron Pro VST is compatible with macOS and Windows. It functions as a VST Plugin, an Audio Units Plugin and an AAX Plugin. M-Tron Pro VST is available for purchase from GForce Software’s website for Â£99.99 Ex. VAT. GForce Software also offers expansion packs with original sounds from the Chamberlin, the Optigan, the Orchestron and some of the rarest Mellotron sounds ever recorded.
If you are looking for a digital emulation of the legendary Mellotron with a vast library of tapes and presets, M-Tron Pro VST is the plugin for you. M-Tron Pro VST will bring the classic sound of the Mellotron to your studio with digital ease.
In this article, we will explore some of the features and benefits of M-Tron Pro VST in more detail. We will also provide some tips and tricks on how to use M-Tron Pro VST effectively in your music production.
Features and Benefits of M-Tron Pro VST
M-Tron Pro VST is a powerful and versatile plugin that can add a lot of character and flavor to your music. Here are some of the features and benefits of M-Tron Pro VST that make it stand out from other plugins:
- Authentic Mellotron sound: M-Tron Pro VST faithfully reproduces the sound of the original Mellotron, with all its quirks and nuances. You can hear the tape hiss, the mechanical noise, the pitch drift, and the dynamic response of the tapes. You can also adjust the tape speed, volume, attack, decay, and tone to suit your taste.
- Huge sound library: M-Tron Pro VST comes with a massive 3.5GB sound library with over 200 tape banks included, covering a wide range of instruments and sounds. You can find everything from flutes, strings, brass, woodwinds, organs, pianos, guitars, basses, drums, percussion, choirs, voices, sound effects, and more. You can also mix and match different tapes to create your own hybrid sounds.
- High-quality remastering: M-Tron Pro VST includes 19 tape banks that have been remastered at the Abbey Road Studios, using the original master tapes and vintage equipment. These tape banks have been enhanced with improved clarity, depth, and warmth, while preserving the original character and feel of the Mellotron.
- Artist-designed patches: M-Tron Pro VST features more than 700+ patches, many custom-designed by world-class recording artists and programmers. These patches showcase the creative potential of M-Tron Pro VST and provide inspiration for your own music. You can find patches from artists such as The Flaming Lips, Air, Nils Frahm, Trent Reznor, TrentemÃ¸ller, Radiohead, Oasis, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and more.
- Dual-layer and split-keyboard operation: M-Tron Pro VST allows you to layer two different tapes on each layer and control them independently. You can also split the keyboard into two zones and assign different tapes to each zone. This way, you can create complex and rich sounds with M-Tron Pro VST.
- MIDI Learn: M-Tron Pro VST supports MIDI Learn functionality, which means you can easily assign any parameter to any MIDI controller. This way, you can have hands-on control over M-Tron Pro VST and tweak it in real-time.
- Effects and filters: M-Tron Pro VST offers a range of effects and filters to enhance and shape your sound. You can add ensemble and delay effects to create lush and spacious sounds. You can also use lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filters to cut or boost certain frequencies. You can also apply tape-based effects such as reverse and half speed to create interesting and experimental sounds.
- Standalone operation: M-Tron Pro VST can operate standalone without requiring a host application. This means you can quickly load it up on your laptop and perform with a MIDI controller onstage. You can also use it as a sound module for your hardware synthesizers or samplers.
Tips and Tricks for Using M-Tron Pro VST
M-Tron Pro VST is a versatile plugin that can be used in many different ways in your music production. Here are some tips and tricks for using M-Tron Pro VST effectively:
- Use automation: One of the advantages of using a digital emulation of the Mellotron is that you can automate any parameter in your DAW. This way, you can create dynamic changes in your sound over time. For example, you can automate the tape speed to create pitch bends or vibrato effects. You can also automate the volume or tone to create fades or swells.
- Use modulation: Another way to add movement and variation to your sound is to use modulation sources such as LFOs or envelopes. You can modulate any parameter in M-Tron Pro VST with these sources. For example, you can modulate