Streets Of Rage 3: A Classic Beat ‘Em Up Game That Still Rocks
Streets Of Rage 3 is a video game that was released in 1994 for the Sega Genesis. It is the third and final installment of the Streets Of Rage series, which is widely regarded as one of the best beat ’em up games of all time. Streets Of Rage 3 follows the adventures of four vigilantes who fight against a crime syndicate that is trying to take over the city with robots and mind control.
In this article, we will explore the features, gameplay, and legacy of Streets Of Rage 3, and why it is still a fun and challenging game to play today.
Features Of Streets Of Rage 3
Streets Of Rage 3 introduced several new features to the series, such as:
- A branching storyline with multiple endings depending on the player’s choices and actions.
- A character selection screen that allows the player to choose from four playable characters: Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, Eddie “Skate” Hunter, and Dr. Gilbert Zan. Each character has their own unique moves, strengths, and weaknesses.
- A special meter that fills up as the player attacks enemies and allows them to perform powerful special moves that consume health.
- A weapon system that lets the player pick up and use various weapons such as knives, pipes, swords, and grenades. Some weapons can also be thrown at enemies or used to perform special attacks.
- A hidden character named Roo, a kangaroo that can be unlocked by sparing its life in a boss fight. Roo can also be controlled by a second player in co-op mode.
Gameplay Of Streets Of Rage 3
Streets Of Rage 3 is a side-scrolling beat ’em up game that consists of seven stages, each with different enemies, bosses, and environments. The player can move in eight directions, jump, attack, and perform special moves. The player can also grab enemies and throw them or perform other attacks such as headbutts or suplexes. The player can also use weapons that are found or dropped by enemies to deal more damage or gain an advantage.
The game has two difficulty modes: Normal and Hard. The Normal mode follows the standard storyline and has a moderate level of challenge. The Hard mode has a different storyline and is much more difficult, with more enemies, stronger bosses, and less health items. The Hard mode also has some exclusive stages and endings that are not available in the Normal mode.
The game also has a co-op mode that allows two players to team up and play together. The co-op mode has some advantages such as being able to revive each other or perform team attacks. However, it also has some disadvantages such as sharing lives and health items.
Legacy Of Streets Of Rage 3
Streets Of Rage 3 is considered by many fans and critics as one of the best beat ’em up games ever made. It has received praise for its graphics, music, gameplay, variety, and replay value. It has also been criticized for its high difficulty level, censorship issues, and some changes from the original Japanese version.
Streets Of Rage 3 has been re-released several times on various platforms such as Sega Saturn, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It has also been included in several compilations such as Sega Genesis Collection and Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection.
Streets Of Rage 3 has also inspired many other games in the genre such as Final Fight 3, Fighting Force, Double Dragon Neon, River City Ransom Underground, Mother Russia Bleeds, Streets Of Red: Devil’s Dare Deluxe, and Streets Of Rage 4.
Streets Of Rage 3 is a classic beat ’em up game that still rocks today. It offers a thrilling and satisfying experience for fans of action games. If you are looking for a game that will test your skills and keep you entertained for hours, you should definitely give Streets Of Rage 3 a try.