Terrifier 2: The Return of Art the Clown
Terrifier 2 is a 2022 American slasher film written, directed, edited, and produced by Damien Leone. It is a sequel to Terrifier (2016), and is the third feature-length film to feature Art the Clown, a sadistic and silent killer who terrorizes his victims on Halloween night. The film stars Lauren LaVera, Elliott Fullam, Sarah Voigt, Kailey Hyman, Casey Hartnett, and David Howard Thornton as Art the Clown.
The film follows Art’s resurrection by a mysterious entity after the events of the first film, and his pursuit of Sienna Shaw (LaVera) and her younger brother Jonathan (Fullam) on Halloween night. The film also features the return of Samantha Scaffidi as Victoria Heyes, the sole survivor of Art’s previous rampage, who seeks revenge against him.
Terrifier 2 had its world premiere at the Fantastic Fest on August 29, 2022, and was shown on the same day at Fright Fest in London. It was theatrically released on October 6, 2022 by Bloody Disgusting. The film received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised LaVera and Thornton’s performances, the practical effects, and the improvement over the first film. The film was also a box office success, grossing $15 million against a budget of $250,000.
If you are a fan of horror movies and gore, you don’t want to miss Terrifier 2. It is one of the most brutal and terrifying slasher films ever made. Watch it if you dare!
Behind the Scenes of Terrifier 2
Terrifier 2 is not only a horror film, but also a labor of love for the cast and crew who worked hard to bring Art the Clown’s mayhem to life. Here are some behind the scenes stories from the making of Terrifier 2 that show the dedication, passion, and fun that went into creating this bloody sequel.
- Lauren LaVera, who plays Sienna, did most of her own stunts in the film. She is trained in martial arts and was able to perform some impressive fight scenes with Art the Clown. She also endured some grueling physical challenges, such as being dragged by a car and hanging upside down from a tree.
- Phil Falcone, one of the producers of the film, also played a small role as a cop who gets killed by Art. He had to wear a prosthetic head that was filled with fake blood and brains, and then have it smashed by Art with a sledgehammer. The scene was so messy that he had to shower in his backyard before entering his house.
- David Howard Thornton, who plays Art the Clown, had to spend hours in the makeup chair every day to transform into his character. He also had to wear contact lenses that impaired his vision and made his eyes dry. He said that playing Art was both physically and mentally exhausting, but also rewarding.
- The armored angel costume that Sienna wears in the final act of the film was designed by Damien Leone himself. He wanted to create a contrast between Sienna’s innocence and purity and Art’s evil and darkness. The costume was made of metal and leather, and weighed about 40 pounds.
- The film features a cameo by Chris Jericho, the professional wrestler and singer of Fozzy. He plays Burke, a sleazy motel owner who tries to hit on Sienna. Jericho is a fan of Terrifier and contacted Leone to express his interest in being part of the sequel. Leone wrote the role of Burke specifically for him.
Terrifier 2 is a testament to the creativity and talent of independent filmmakers who can make a horror masterpiece with a low budget and a lot of passion. The film is full of surprises, scares, and gore that will satisfy any horror fan. If you want to see more behind the scenes footage and interviews with the cast and crew, check out the special features on the Blu-ray or DVD release of Terrifier 2.