Who is Yoshiko Nagasawa? A Profile of the Japanese Actress and Model
Yoshiko Nagasawa is a Japanese actress and model who has appeared in various anime and live-action films. She is best known for her voice roles in Your Name (2016), From Up on Poppy Hill (2011), and Hidden Fortress: The Last Princess (2008). She has also starred in the crime mystery Masquerade Hotel (2019), the action-adventure Kingdom (2019), and the superhero film Shin Ultraman (2022). Here are some facts about her life and career.
- She was born on June 3, 1987, in Iwata, Shizuoka. Her father, Kazuaki Nagasawa, is a former soccer player and manager of JÃºbilo Iwata. She has an older brother who is also an actor.
- She won the Grand Prix at the 5th Toho Cinderella Audition in 2000, beating 35,153 female competitors. She made her film debut in the same year, playing a young psychic orphan in the science fiction film Pyrokinesis.
- She gained recognition for her supporting role in the romantic drama Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004), for which she won the Blue Ribbon Award for Best Supporting Actress and two Japan Academy Film Prize awards. She was also nominated for the Japan Academy Film Prize for Best Leading Actress for playing the title character in Tears for You (2006).
- She has worked with acclaimed directors such as Shinji Higuchi, GorÅ Miyazaki, Makoto Shinkai, Kiyoshi Kurosawa, and Chen Sicheng. She has also voiced characters in popular anime series such as Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, and Fairy Tail.
- She is fluent in English and Chinese, and has performed in films that were released internationally. She has also appeared in commercials for brands such as Toyota, Nissin, and Gundam.
- She is married to actor YÅ«suke Iseya, whom she met on the set of The Confidence Man JP: Princess (2020). They have a son who was born in 2021.
If you want to know more about Yoshiko Nagasawa, you can follow her on Facebook or Instagram , or watch some of her films online.
Awards and Achievements
Yoshiko Nagasawa has received many awards and nominations for her work in film and television. Some of her notable achievements are:
- She won the Blue Ribbon Award for Best Supporting Actress twice, for Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004) and Love Strikes! (2011). She was also nominated for the same award for Hidden Fortress: The Last Princess (2008) and Masquerade Hotel (2019).
- She won two Japan Academy Film Prize awards for Best Supporting Actress and Newcomer of the Year for Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004). She was also nominated for Best Actress for Tears for You (2006) and Best Supporting Actress for Your Name (2016).
- She won the Mainichi Film Award for Best Actress for Before We Vanish (2017), a science fiction film directed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa. She played a woman whose husband is possessed by an alien invader.
- She won the Star Asia Rising Star Award at the 11th New York Asian Film Festival in 2012, along with her co-star Satoshi Tsumabuki. They were recognized for their performances in We Can’t Change the World. But, We Wanna Build a School in Cambodia. (2011), a film based on a true story of a group of college students who raised funds to build a school in Cambodia.
- She won the VoCE Beauty Awards for The Best Beauty of The Year in 2012, as well as the Television Drama Academy Awards for Best Actress for Toshi Densetsu no Onna (2012), a comedy series where she played a detective obsessed with urban legends.
Yoshiko Nagasawa has also been praised by critics and audiences for her versatility, charisma, and talent. She has shown her range in different genres, such as romance, comedy, action, drama, and fantasy. She has also collaborated with some of the most renowned filmmakers in Japan and abroad, such as Shinji Higuchi, GorÅ Miyazaki, Makoto Shinkai, Kiyoshi Kurosawa, and Chen Sicheng.